Featured Post

Last Post for This Blog - Thank You Everyone!!

Hi everyone, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being able to keep up with the blog posts. I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep up ...

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Genie and Aladdin Event and Last Lucky Time

September 8, 2016

As you may be aware, I had been waiting for Genie to be released in the International version of Tsum Tsum for maybe close to a year now. I was most drawn to Genie for two specific reasons:
  1. I saw the vast number of skills and abilities he was able to activate during the game through Seiji's amazing video, and 
  2. I wanted to get Genie especially in memory and tribute to Robin Williams, who was and still is one of the best comedic geniuses this world has ever seen. God bless his soul. 
And after waiting for a whole year, we finally have Genie!! Genie is known to be similar to Scrump in that he has a chest full of random skills that mimic the abilities other existing tsums have. In total, Genie has a variety of 9 different abilities that occur in random order, so you never know what you'll get next after you activate his skill.

I tried looking for some resources with regards to his repertoire of skills/abilities, especially websites that I checked out a year ago for Genie-specific information. However, the websites I used to look through are no longer available, and thus I was unable to get a nice summary of what abilities Genie gets at each Skill level.

I thought that it would be nice to document my findings here so you can learn about them as well, if you wish. Here is my attempt to summarize Genie's 9 skills based on the information I was able to find:

Skill 1: Genie can perform 4 different skills during the game: (video)
  • A clap that clears the tsums horizontally, like Tinkerbell
  • A big Genie head pops up in the middle of the screen, like regular Alice
  • 2 Genie-Shaped Balloons that float up across the screen, like Christopher Robin
  • Turning the last two rows into Genies, just like Little Oyster
For each Skill level that Genie levels up, he gets an additional Skill added to his repertoire of tricks!

Skill 2: + Bubbles, like Miss Bunny

Skill 3: + A big blue snowball falling diagonally from the top left corner, down and across to the bottom right corner of the screen, like Olaf

Skill 4: + Hand wave, just like Mater

Skill 5: + Swim in a loop to clear a circle of tsums, like Ariel

and last but not least,

Skill 6: + A punch in the middle of the screen, just like Pete

I found a great picture that was tweeted last year that showcases a nice summary of the 9 skills that Genie can perform at Skill 6: Summary of Genie's 9 Abilities .

To really appreciate and see all the different skills that Genie can pull out of his bag of tricks, I highly suggest watching Seiji's video.

Tidbit: I understand that for some people, the Aladdin event cards are a bit dry and repetitive. To make it more interesting, I highly recommend using Genie to clear the cards and to defeat Jafar. You'll get funny instances like this:


Furthermore, you'd be faced with instances that make you think on how to get a bubble to attack the large lamp capsules. It ended up being a more strategic game when I switched to using Genie to play the event.

Tidbit: Like I said in my previous post, it is highly recommended to utilize the Chance Times so you can get the gold hearts and therefore the large lamp capsules! It will help you finish the event a lot quicker and less painfully, PLUS I also found out that for the gold hearts, you only need to hit the large capsules Once!! Whereas, for the silver hearts, whenever a large lamp capsule fell, you had to hit it twice before it would clear. So utilize the chance times as best as you can!

Chance time occur between 7 - 8 AM PDT; 6 - 7 PM PDT; and 10 - 11 PM PDT, so check your time zone and see how many hours ahead or behind you are relative to the west coast, in order to fully understand when chance time happens for you.



Tidbit: Be careful after you claim your Magical Time Ticket from your inbox. It will appear whenever the game is programmed to ask if you would like to use 5 rubies to extend your time. I wasn't careful and accidentally claimed it on one of my games during the event.



Tidbit: If you have a good coin collector already in your collection, I do recommend trying to skill up your Genie to Skill 6 as fast as you can so you can fully enjoy all his random abilities during the game. I also suggest this because it looks like he can be a very good coin farmer himself, and I can see him be very useful to use to complete specific missions in past or future Bingo Cards due to his vast skill set.

Tidbit: Last lucky time for Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie is said to be happening on the last weekend of September, from Friday, September 23 to Monday, September 26, 2016. Maybe use this lucky time to either skill up your Jasmine and/or Genie. They both have tremendous advantages when you can get them as close to Skill 6 as possible. Good luck!!

Hope you're having tons of fun with the Aladdin event! I loved the animations involved. =)

Happy Tsuming!!





UPDATE: OCTOBER 3, 2016

I found the site that had the information I was looking for last month! It looks to be back up! If you want to know more, here is a great source to learn more about Genie: Tsum Tsum Hints & Tips!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fantastic Web,
    I have read your post and I can't avoid to be a little bit jealous.
    After having bought some (many) premium boxes during the lucky time (beginning of September) I didn't get Genie.
    Nevertheless he is going to remain in the Premium Box, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lupita!

      Yes, Genie will remain in the Premium Box so you still have many more chances to get him! You can try to get him this coming weekend from Fri, Sept 23 to Mon, Sept 26 in the last lucky time for Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie this month.

      My trick to getting the new tsums that I learned from a friend was to save up at least 300,000 coins, so that I can open at least 10 boxes in a row. If you've been playing for a while as I have and thus have many tsums already in your collection, I find the better amount seem to be 600,000 coins at least in order to get the new tsum. I hope this helps!! Good luck this weekend!! I hope you get Genie!!

      Thank you so much for reading! =)

      Happy Tsuming!

      Delete

Due to the recent influx of spam comments this blog experienced, I had to put some moderation on this blog so that my readers are protected from any malware links posted by bots or other people. All comments will be allowed to go through as long as they do not contain malware or spam designated to take personal information. Thank you for your understanding.