Featured Post

Last Post for This Blog - Thank You Everyone!!

Hi everyone, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being able to keep up with the blog posts. I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep up ...

Monday, April 24, 2017

More Tidbits for Star Wars Event & May Brings Pirates!

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone for helping each other out!! I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply to everyone's questions this past week but I'm super happy to see that everyone is contributing and trying to help each other out. That's what this is all about in the end for the Star Wars event: to help each other out!

I understand there have been a lot of frustration on the drop rate for the capsules, which has been quite dismal for some players. There were some floating tips during the past week that I tried, and there is one that seemed to have worked very well for me and a number of other players as well:

MAJOR TIDBIT

  1. Start a star destroyer battle for your friends.
  2. Use Chewbacca as your MyTsum and 5-to-4 bonus to play other people's games. I've heard that Han Solo and Jedi Luke also brings capsules more than other tsums but Chewbacca was definitely the highly recommended amongst my friends as having the highest number of capsules drop for them when used as their MyTsum. 
  3. Choose the player right below your name to play their game, regardless of their health points. 
  4. In the first 45 seconds of the game, try to use the MyTsum skill as many times as you can. In the last 15 seconds, when you fully charged the skill meter, stop using the tsum's ability because sometimes the capsule drops in the last 2 seconds (very annoying) at which point you can activate your MyTsum immediately thereafter.
  5. Don't use rubies to try and get the capsule. It's not worth it unfortunately. Each time I've used rubies, the capsule I had attained, contained an item ticket...or coins... =(

After I did first 3 steps above, I immediately saw a change in chances of getting the capsule in the game. Sometimes I get 1, sometimes I get up to 4 if I'm lucky with this method. There are definitely times where I play a few games with no capsules dropping but overall, the capsule has dropped pretty frequently when I'm using Chewbacca. If you don't have Chewbacca, play with Han Solo or Jedi Luke to try and increase your odds. You will start noticing a difference after a few games in.

The Key to getting K-2SO to Skill 6 is really to play more of your friend's games. Keep going at it. Luck does play a part, but if you put in the time that is needed to get the capsules, you'll get him at least 1x per day. I know there are Star Wars groups out there where people who haven't finished their own cards are able to join and play on other people's cards until the last two days to try and get K-2SO to Skill 6 and the skill tickets thereafter.

The great news in all of this is that indeed there are skill tickets after you get K-2SO to Skill 6!!







So keep going!! Don't give up. You still have 2 weeks to go! =) Good luck!!


Also, some updates for May for Star Wars:


  • May 4th to May 8th - 3rd Pickup Capsule which will include all the previous Star Wars tsums:
    • Darth Vader x 1
    • Luke x 1
    • Princess Leia x 1
    • Yoda x 1
    • R2-D2 x 1
    • C-3PO x 1
    • BB-8 x 1
    • Thumper x 2
    • Marie x 2
    • Lotso x 2
    • Stitch x 1
    • Angel x 1



Some of you were wondering how to use Jedi Luke. I'm not very good with him but I did learn that it's all about timing and that when his skill is activated, you have to press, hold, swipe and let go once the green circle narrows to a dot. Seiji has made a video to show how he can get 6 swipes when using Jedi Luke's skill. Have a look to see how he does it. =)


****************************************************

In other news... May also brings Pirates of the Caribbean! So far that's all I have heard of.

The three new tsums will be:

  • Jack Sparrow - clears tsums in a diagonal horizontal line
  • Elizabeth Swann - turns tsums into Will Turner which can be connected to Elizabeth Swann tsums to clear, like Minnie's ability
  • Davy Jones - clears the centre with his kraken. So far, from what I can tell from Tsum Tsum Wiki, only Davy Jones is the limited tsum for this next month. 
A good overview of the event to come including the missions and awards can be found in these two links: Tsum Tsum Wiki & Reddit . Furthermore, there looks to be a bonus card in this event that will give you the gold pin!!

When there's more details of what the dates are for the lucky times and pickup capsule etc. for the Pirates of the Caribbean tsums, I will update you all in a new post.

Good luck to everyone with Star Wars!! 

Happy Tsuming!! =)

21 comments:

  1. Thank u for the update, that's the motivation i need to continue farming capsules. Almost give up as i cant seem to get my 7th K2SO after so many days, i thought there will be no chance of maxing him and get skill tickets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep going Chocolate!! You can do it!! It definitely gets very demotivating when you don't get K-2SO after playing for a while, but if you play a few hours, you are bound to get at least one to two K-2SO, amidst a pile of item tickets. Good luck!! May the force be with you. =)

      Delete
  2. mine one at skill lvl 4 42%...
    when can I max him?
    no choice but keep grind for him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JC for all your help in answering everyone's questions the past week!! You are simply amazing. =)
      Ohhh, 4.42, meaning you have about 4 more til Skill 5 and then another 16 for Skill 6. You can do it!! Just keep going and don't give up. Persistence and patience seems to be the key. Good luck! May the force be with you. =) Thank you so much again for everything JC. =)

      Delete
    2. you r the most welcome fatalistic web. I used chewy with 5>4 and coin booster but no luck. just now I used him with 5>4 only and surprisingly I get 2 in 5 games. thanks for the kind sharing and tips.

      Delete
    3. I'm glad I can help! I find Han Solo and Jedi Luke are more successful with capsules too than other tsums. Chewie just happens to be the easiest one to use of the three so people can get quite a few capsules in a game if they do appear. =)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, got my first K-2SO a few minutes ago after maxing it to skill 6 a few days ago. Was a MOST welcome sight to behold... totally thought I'd blown it by opening them early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the updates. I heard about Chewy with capsules, but didn't believe it until your post. I gave it a try today. In ~1.5 hour playing time, I got two K-2SO. This really gives me some hope for skill tickets. Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi fatalistic web,
    Do you know what is the difference in rate to get a lucky time tsum when there are 2 tsums (Kylo Ren and Rey) vs 5 tsums (all 5 new star wars tsums) during lucky time?
    I want to get Kylo Ren and Rey (at least one for my collection), but I also want to get more Jedi Luke. Should I spend the coins during Kylo Ren and Rey lucky time? or should I keep the coins and spend most of them during the last lucky time for Star wars?
    please help! thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TennisHDD,

      If you want to skill up your Jedi Luke, then my suggestion is that you try for the lucky time tomorrow and get 1 of Kylo Ren and 1 of Rey. Put a cap of how many boxes you'll open, maybe 15 boxes max if it does take that long to get 1 of each tsum tomorrow. Then save the rest of the coins for the last lucky time that Jedi Luke is going to be in.

      If you have a lot of coins, I would use it for the pickup capsule to get the skill ticket, but only if you have a lot of coins. If not, just save it all for the last lucky time so that you can try and get more chances with Jedi Luke.

      In many occasions, Lucky times are about 20% to 25% success rate, however it doesn't pertain to pertain to which tsum. E.g. Lucky Time for Kylo Ren and Rey, if it's 20% lucky, and say you have enough coins for 10 boxes (300,000 coins), then you might get any of the following combinations: 1 Kylo Ren, 1 Rey; 2 Kylo Rens and 0 Reys; or 2 Reys and 0 Kylo Rens. Although the last lucky time has 5 tsums, each person will have a different combination of how the game will make up that 20%, and some might not get more Jedi Lukes but get a few more Chewbaccas, etc. This is why I advise trying for tomorrow's lucky time to get 1 Kylo Ren and 1 Rey in case that the Last Lucky time doesn't afford you that chance to get them because the game decided to give you more Han Solos instead. Hopefully it'll give you more Jedi Lukes. =) Does this make sense? Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll try our best to answer them. =) Thanks for reading!! Good luck!!

      Delete
  6. The luckiest round of lucky time. Bought only 9 boxes and got a Jedi Luke skill up, Rey and Kylo Ren too... only missing HanSolo now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. I opened 10 boxes in the wee hours of the morning and got 4 Kylo Ren, 1 Rey, and 1 Han Solo. I've never been so lucky.

      Delete
  7. Hi again! Is it a must to use the 5>4 boost with Chewbacca? Will using it without any boost or solely using coin boost affect the outcome?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chin Hwa,
      No I don't think you need to use 5>4 boost with Chewbacca to get the capsule. I think the difference is possibly getting more capsules because you can use his skill more often to clear more tsums on the screen. It's also easier to get the capsules when you have more Chewbaccas on the screen due to the 5>4 boost. :) Hope this helped! Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
    2. Allright! Thanks again for your help! You don't need to thank us for reading but it should be the other way around.

      Thanks for your continuous dedication and amazing infos! Thumbs up.

      Delete
  8. With Jack Sparrow coming in May and all of us hopefully stockpiling skill tickets thanks to the Star Wars event, I wanted to get some feedback on how to spend those tickets. I see that Jack Sparrow us also a highly rated coin farmer on the Reddit spreadsheet so I was wondering if I should use my skill tickets on my SL5 Beast or wait for Jack? I had pinned my hopes on Jedi Luke but I'm useless with him despite all the great tips here and videos. I much prefer an easy, no-frills burst Tsum. I found this video comparing Jack and Beast and just wondered if anyone had any advice or thoughts: https://youtu.be/H_zB_Eby848
    It kind of pains me to use tickets on a regular premium Tsum vs. a limited time only but I've heard so much about Beast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question Meredith! I saw that video too and I was really impressed. For sure Jack would be easier to activate since he only needs 14 from the start and thus would be a great coin farmer. He can do so well already without boosters. In my opinion, I would still go with getting Beast to Skill 6. It's a world of difference for coin farming once you have him at Skill 6, especially if you can use him very well at Skill 5, then Skill 6 will blow you away since Beast is even easier to use at Skill 6 and needing only 14 to activate. Even after using Jedi Luke, I still prefer Skill 6 Beast because he's so much easier to use and not as tiring either. If you don't like using the bonuses during your coin farming, then Jack Sparrow will be the way to go but if you don't mind having 5>4 and coin boosts during your game (and thus have the chance to get one of those wonderful 180,000+ coins surprises due to the coin boosts), then I would still stand by Beast. Hope this helps a bit. Thanks for reading! =)

      Delete
    2. If you want a tsum for both coins and for points, maybe Jack Sparrow would be the way to go given how high his score can be at level 50: http://disneytsumtsum.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Sparrow

      Delete
  9. Sorry to ask a stupid question but i am really confused. How many more K-2SO do i need to max it if i am now at skill 5/6 - 21% ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question Chocolate! You need a total of 29 K-2SOs to get him from Skill 1 to Skill 6. Between Skill 5 and Skill 6, you need 16 K-2SOs. Each K-2SO between Skill 5 and 6 is 7%, so at 21%, it looks like you have had 3 K-2SOs. So you need 13 K-2SOs before you max him at Skill 6. Great job!! Keep going! =D Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Thank u very much. Hopefully i can still make it before the event end, it is very tough now as most of the ppl on my friend list has completed their cards.

      Delete

Due to the recent influx of spam comments this blog experienced, I had to put some moderation on this blog so that my readers are protected from any malware links posted by bots or other people. All comments will be allowed to go through as long as they do not contain malware or spam designated to take personal information. Thank you for your understanding.